Sunday, February 5, 2012

Front page news article


MONGOLIANS ARE AT CIVIL WAR

1260
By Barry Dunn
Mongol Times

Yanjing-Yesterday in our empire war broke out between Ariq-Böke and Genghis Khan’s grandson Kublai over who should be Khan. Kublai was about to become the next Khan of the Mongols when a man named Ariq-Böke spoke up saying he was told that he would be the next Khan of the Mongols. This civil war started yesterday in the mid-western part of the empire. Sources say that both Ariq-Böke and Kublai have supporters over who should be the Khan. The Yuan dynasty started out as just a group of nomads. They kept going around conquering more people and more land. They eventually became the Mongolian empire. They then took over the northern part of China leaving the rest of China in the hands of the Southern Song Dynasty. The Mongols then took over the Southern Song Dynasty taking over all of China.

We asked Batkhuyag Solongo about what he thought about the war. He said “I have known Kublai almost all my life. We have been dear friends for the longest time that I can’t even remember when or where I met him. I just know that growing up he was always a good friend and leader. He was always proud of being the grandson of Genghis Khan; I mean who wouldn’t? I would be the happiest boy in the world if I could grow up saying that my father or grandfather was the Khan. That was exactly how Kublai has been his whole life up to now. I know how great of a leader he is and how high his standards are. I have been trying to get into his army for months now. I have participated in many challenges to try to get the honor of making it into his great army. In my honest opinion I think, that with the knowledge I have, that Kublai should be the Khan and I shall stand by him until he is.” He is just one of the many supporters on the side of Kublai to become the Khan.

In an interview with Muunokhoi Batkhuyag he pitched in on his opinion. “I think my great general Ariq-Böke should become the Khan. I have lived in the western part of the empire most of my life admiring the work of my general. When I heard that his position was being stolen I was outraged. I have been a soldier in his army for years going up the ranks. As second in command I would hope for Ariq-Böke to become the Khan of our empire. He makes good decisions and is a great leader. That is what he is famous for. Not for being the grandson of the Khan. Kublai is being given the position. When Ariq-Böke was told he would be Khan, it was because he earned it. Ariq-Böke will not let this happen and fight for the position he rightfully earned and deserves.

Not everyone is taking sides in this war though. There was an interwiew with  Enebish Terbish about what he thought and he said he wasn’t taking sides that he would accept both of them as the Khan. He said “I have lived in this great empire for my whole life. I have been following details on this war the best I can. For what I have learned about both candidates, I feel that either one of those two would be a fantabulous Khan. I have nothing against either of them. I’m looking forward to see who will come out victories and be crowned the Khan.”

Hopefully this article has been helpful for readers. So if you want to choose sides you can go with the very well known and respected Kublai who is Genghis Khan’s grandson, or the westerner Ariq-Böke. We will attempt to be the first to let the empire know who the Khan will be so stay tuned in and we will get updates on the war whenever we can. Stay informed Mongolia, stay informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment